The key here is to learn the reasons for your termination. The company’s answers could help you later if you decide to negotiate your severance or file a claim against the company. Calmly write down the answers and don’t make any arguments or offers. This is an information collection moment. Anything you say here might be used against you. If you are directly asked a question, say that you need to think about it.
1) Why is my employment being terminated?
2) Who else is losing his job right now?
3) How many employees, including myself, are losing their jobs right now?
4) Who will replace me or handle my job responsibilities?
5) Who made the decision to let me go?
6) Was there anything wrong with my job performance?
7) How would you suggest I improve my performance in my next job?